Dear CWC Family:
Thank you for standing with us in prayer during this time. As we navigate COVID19 together we hope that you will join us in a Spirit-filled, Word-centred response.
1. Trust and Pray. We stand on Psalm 91, trusting God as our strength and our refuge. We call on the name of Jesus as our hope in this time of need.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6-7)
2. Act in love. This is a time for us to share the love of Christ in word and in deed. “We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. Each of us should please our neighbours for their good, to build them up.” (Romans 15:1-2). The health and welfare of our community a top priority and it is wise to honour the recommendations of the BC Ministry of Health. In response to the governments ban of gatherings over 50+ we will make the following adjustments to our services. These adjustments will be in place for the next three weeks. (Up to and including April 5th). We thought you might have some questions, so we have prepared some answers.
Will there still be services at CWC?
As of March 16, 2020 all of our Friday and Sunday services in Surrey, Bellingham and Victoria will be moved to an online format. CWC Calgary will continue with their regular service.
**The church doors will NOT currently be open to the public during these times. **
CWC Surrey, CWC Bellingham & Victoria.
You may also tune in through our Facebook Page or follow us for encouragements and updates on Instagram.
** Service Broadcast times**
Friday Prayer: 7:30pm
Sunday: 9:45am & 11:45am
CWC Calgary will continue to meet at Wingate by Wyndham Hotel Airport
57 Freeport Cres NE Calgary, AB at 10:30AM. Stay connected and keep updated with Calgary here.
How can I give my tithes or offering if the services are online?
Click here to donate through our app
Click here to donate through our website
Mail: 11125 124ST., Surrey, BC. V3V 4V2
Text “Give” to 604.359.5075
If you are in the Lower Mainland area, you may drop off your tithes and offerings at the church directly during our office hours. While this is a time of adjustment for us all, the church must still fulfill our financial obligations such as missions, ministry expenses and overhead costs. In addition, we want to be able to assist members who are faced with unexpected financial hardship. This is made possible only through your generous contributions. And let’s remember that, as we give, he will supply our own needs through his riches in glory in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19).
What about meetings during the week?
Ministry Events: Postponed until further notice: Children’s Pre-teen Retreat, HIS Men Events, Women’s 4th Monday. For all other events please contact your ministry leaders directly.
In addition: We ask that you refrain from hugging, handshakes and holding hands during gatherings. We ask that you apply “social distancing” and leave a seat or two between yourself and your neighbor. We will provide additional sanitizing stations throughout the premises.
What else can I do?
1. Pray for your family, your neighbours, our city, Canada and the world.
2. Respond with faith and love, not fear and anxiety.
3. Look for opportunities to serve those who are vulnerable at this time, perhaps there are practical ways that you can help them (picking up groceries, rides to appointments…)
4. Come alongside our ‘Care Teams’. We are compiling a list of willing individuals who can assist our Deacons and We Care Team to provide practical needs that may arise from our congregation. If you would like to be on the list please email your name and your willingness to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reach out to you as needed. Stay informed and follow the recommendations from the Canadian government:
As a church we are also:
1.Exercising extra caution in regards to hygiene.
2. Reminding our community of proper hygiene and reviewing best practices for cleanliness and hand washing etc.
3. Have instructed our custodial staff to use additional disinfecting agents.